THE 20 STEPS TO SURVIVAL IN SUPERNATURAL
THERES SO MANY BEYOND PERFECT THINGS ABOUT THIS POST BUT
TAKE NOTE THICKE
Douglas Adams is the best when it comes to describe characters
they need to teach classes on Douglas Adams analogies okay
“He leant tensely against the corridor wall and frowned like a man trying to unbend a corkscrew by telekinesis.”
"Stones, then rocks, then boulders which pranced past him like clumsy puppies, only much, much bigger, much, much harder and heavier, and almost infinitely more likely to kill you if they fell on you.”
"He gazed keenly into the distance and looked as if he would quite like the wind to blow his hair back dramatically at that point, but the wind was busy fooling around with some leaves a little way off.”
"It looked only partly like a spaceship with guidance fins, rocket engines and escape hatches and so on, and a great deal like a small upended Italian bistro.”
"If it was an emotion, it was a totally emotionless one. It was hatred, implacable hatred. It was cold, not like ice is cold, but like a wall is cold. It was impersonal, not as a randomly flung fist in a crowd is impersonal, but like a computer-issued parking summons is impersonal. And it was deadly - again, not like a bullet or a knife is deadly, but like a brick wall across a motorway is deadly.”
You forgot the best one though-
"The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don’t."
(Featuring Jack “Did not sign up for this shit” Crawford)
its never safe to use tumblr beside your parents
this is the best thing that appeared on my dash today
I’m giggling like an idiot help.
oh u germany
Germans take things too literally
Kranken = sick / to be sick ; Wagen = car.
so literally, an ambulance is a car for sick people
To be fair, you are comparing a germanic language (German) to 3 latin-based languages (Spanish, Italian, French) and English (heavily influenced by French/latin bases). :P
German is one of the manliest languages I know.
The German language, and indeed its brothers like Swedish and Dutch, have a certain special fondness for the linguistic beauty known as the compound noun. Multiple examples are given above, including Naturwissenschaft, which literally means “nature knowledge”.
I have to say that my favourite German compound noun is Eichkätzchen, which is the Austrian German for squirrel and it literally translates to “oak kitten”.
The longest German word of which I am aware is Rindfleischetikettierungsüberwachungsaufgabenübertragungsgesetz, which refers to a law about beef, if I remember correctly.
Naturwissenschaft actually translates to “nature science”.
Wissen = knowledge
Wissenschaft = science
The law is for the correct labeling of beef meat, yes. :)
And btw, every word sounds different/aggressive when you yell it.
As a fellow German citizen I highly approve of this post.
Here’s a list of the longest words in the German language:
And yes: everyone here in this country is aware of the fact that this is fucking ridiculous. ^^
But what do all of those mean?
Even I can’t tell you EXACTLY what they all mean. Most of them are weird laws. And it would even take me - a native speaker - a secound or two until I’d be able to pronounce them right.
I AM SCREAMING
This is a person dying under an MRI scan
some doctors don’t know what the fuck they’re doing and shoot their patients
This is from walking dead
Write Real People
click and drag game
- ONE RULE: DON’T CLICK AND DRAG UNTIL YOU FIND SOMETHING YOU LIKE!
- if you want me to add anything just write me. i’ll add that and update the post!
I love all the click and drag games on Tumblr and after I read an article about diversity in YA books, I wanted to make a click and drag “game” myself. (i think this was the article, but i’m not sure, sorry)
Can we replace Jennifer Lawrence as our relatable celebrity with her please?
The Stars Of ‘X-Men: Days Of Future Past' Play Fuck, Marry, Kill +
proof that Peter Dinklage truly understands how the world should work
GIVEAWAY! you like free things yes?? good this is for you
since all of my previous giveaways have been wildly successful, i thought i’d do another one :) and because i have a new URL and wanted to celebrate :)
how to enter:
- reblog as many times as you want
- YOU MUST BE FOLLOWING ME considering i’m spending my birthday money on this giveaway
- you must live somewhere in the world
- if you live on mars sorry but you can’t win
HERE’S THE FUN STUFF!!! (aka what winners will win)
- First place: "Who the hell is Bucky?" shirt (if you don’t like it, just find any other shirt for around that price and i’ll buy it for you) or "My thoughts" shirt, $100 iTunes gift card, and any poster from anywhere on the internet you want (as long as it’s around $20, i’m not made of money okay)
- Second place: Whatever shirt the first winner didn’t pick (or you can pick it out, I’m just making humble suggestions here okay), a $50 iTunes gift card, and any poster you want around $20 :)
- Third, fourth, and fifth places: $25 iTunes gift cards :)
- DEADLINE TO REBLOG IS JUNE 6th (i get out of school that day yay!!!!!) but i might extend it idk
- do not bribe me, it won’t work because I like fair contests, this is a contest based on luck, the more reblogs you have, the better your chances but i will be using random.org to select winners
- i probably forgot something really important and obvious
- you can live anywhere in the world, have an OPEN ASK BOX so i can contact you (i won’t reveal winners unless you’re comfortable), i’ll pay for everything
- IF THIS DOES NOT REACH AT LEAST 1,000 NOTES, I’M GOING TO DELETE THIS AND PRETEND IT NEVER HAPPENED
- any other questions, just ask :)
extra incentive to reblog (as if you needed this lol)
- if this reaches 5,000 notes, I will add on to EVERY PRIZE Captain America: The Winter Soldier ((when it comes to DVD obviously)) or if you have something against marvel I’ll just buy you all a different movie really i’m going broke here guys ily all
when friend’s parents pay for your food and you have to pretend you don’t want them to